Sixpoint Brewing Company
Beer is Culture
Sixpoint was created in an 800-square-foot garage in Brooklyn, New York City, in 2004 by award-winning homebrewer-turned-professional Shane Welch. In 2018 Shane passed the torch to Brewmaster Eric Bachli, a former research scientist whose formative craft beer experiences were shaped by Sixpoint beers such as Resin IIPA. Sixpoint is now partnered with Victory and Southern Tier Brewing to combine the experience of the breweries and unite these legendary brewmasters under one roof.
The Brewery’s name and symbols come from an amalgamation of the Nautical Star and the German Brauerstern (Brewer’s Star), which was a medieval mark of quality for German brewers. Sixpoint’s motto is “Beer is Culture,” to highlight the human trajectory—the earliest human civilizations were founded upon the cultivation of cereal grains for making beer.
The Mad Scientists at Sixpoint seek to honor the heritage and craft of brewing by designing unique formulas to perpetually inspire the creativity, collaboration, and culture that is generated by beer.
For Beer with Charakter
- BrauKon Brewery, 2-vessel brewhouse 15bbl - New York, USA
- Malt handling and milling system BrauKon BrauMill
- Mash / wort kettle with BrauKon AlloySius, BrauKon EcoBoil, BrauKon GentleMix
- Lauter tun
- Automation system BrauKon TControl
- Whirlpool with wort cooling and aeration unit
- Hot water tank
- Cylindroconical fermentation / maturation tanks
- Preassure tanks
- CIP system